We at "Carbon People" believe that appropriate measures for ensuring our sustainable future need to begin at a local level. Carbon People are committed architectural designers & drafts people specialising in energy efficient, passive solar & sustainable building.
By utilising a wide range of techniques & products, we are able to reduce the carbon footprint left by poor building and construction design.
These include high thermal mass, double glazing, high Insulation, lighting, water storage & grey water recycling, solar power & hot water, solar orientation, use of conservatories, permaculture, etc.
Construction techniques & materials include post & beam, earth covered building, mud brick, rammed earth, all conventional building & recycled materials including including concrete & stone. We build to the clients requests, but in a sustainable medium.
- Build small and effectively
- Treat the Earth with respect
- Encourage clients to think on a global level but act locally
- Design using passive and/or active solar systems.
- Strive for a low environmental site impact
- Reduce energy consumption
- Use recycled materials and plantation timber where possible
- Install rainwater and grey water recycling tanks
- Design and install alternative energy systems such as photovoltaic cells
We also want to promote the development of sustainable building practices, products and related services in general. To demonstrate our dedication, we're developing a web based directory of companies and individuals offering services relevant to this industry.
If you're planning a new building project, please feel free to consult this list for qualified professionals.
If you offer a product or service that could benefit from exposure in this directory, please contact us for information on how to list your business.
We also offer a number of advertising options should you want to promote
yourself beyond a simple text based directory listing.
For information on these options please contact us.